Monday 28 August 2017

"Best Friends" Dusty Attic Moodboard Inspiration / Maja Design DT Creations

Hello and welcome back. Today I have a combined DT creation to share with you. I have titled this project ...."Best Friends"...........


For this project I have used a favourite photo of my youngest daughter with our chocolate labrador Rafael. They are besties and when he is not shadowing my every move he can be found with Cydne in the backyard playing around. 


Above you will see this months moodboard for The Dusty Attic. Gorgeous isn't it? When I looked at this project I was immediately smitten with the lighting at the bottom middle of the board. Yellow's and browns always seem to catch my attention. So I went with this........
As I said before this is a combined DT creation. Maja Designs was my second Design Team that I was using also. I went on the hunt for papers to use and I didn't have to look far at all. For this project I combined Coffee in the Arbour with Vintage Spring Basics and Vintage Autumn Basics and found that they worked so perfectly together! 


 

Homemade Lemoncurd
and Smell of Coffee



1st of March both sides



No. XVI




My base papers are those from Maja Designs. I have used Vintage Spring Basics and Coffee in the Arbour collections to create my background. I also did a little stenciling using the Dusty Attic Clockworks #2 Stencil. 

 

Clockworks Stencil #2

Best Friends DA1281


I did lots of layering of the torn papers from Maja along with 49andMarkets flowers and of course the following Dusty Attic chipboards. Some of these have been in my stash for a bit and never used. One of them was the French Window Pane. This was cut diagonally in two and separated to give the impression that it is a lot bigger than it actually is. It was simply dressed with Walnut Distress Ink and a little gesso to highlight the edges in places. You can see the top half of it in the above photo and the bottom half of it below.

  

French Window Pane DA0365
 Elegant Swirls #13- DA1133


I also added in some sections of lace along with Dusty Attic Elegant Swirls #13. These were dressed in some gorgeously soft platinum Liquid Pearls and added in layers amoungst the papers and lace. And of course the flowers...... I used a pack of the Vintage Shades along with a few of the Mudlslide Florals to help with my layering and to make it just so pretty!



49andMarket - Vintage Shades Yellow Bouquet

49andMarket - Floral Mixology Mudslide


I have also added in a couple of paper moulds that I made a few weeks ago to add to my clusters. And of course some more Dusty goodness. This time around I added in some Heart Arrows#2 moving vertically down my page to give it a little movement. Around one of these arrows I placed a circular charm that I found in a wonderful little village market on our trip to Taiwan in May. It is just beautiful. It has the engraved words Dream Hope Trust Love which fits with this project so well. And amongst all these goodies I added in some bronze beads to give it a little more colour.


Well that is all from me today. I hope you find some time for yourself  this week to be creative. 
Happy Creating and until next time take care. xo




Tina xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017