Thursday 13 July 2017

"Remember the love" by Tina Ollett 49andMarket / Dusty Attic DT creation

Hello and welcome. Tina with you here today to share a layout created recently. This was created for a friend who had just lost her Dad suddenly. I felt very priveleged to have been asked to do this for her, but terrified at the same time. The pressure was on and of course I procrastinated about doing it right up until the day before it was due to be completed. I got there in the end and I hope that it is all that she was wanting. So this is what I did.


I reverted back to 49andMarket's very first release papers of Vintage Artistry. These have been my go to papers for so many creations. They really lend themselves to most styles. I was looking for a soft muted page and I found it on the back of the Vintage Artistry's Fauna and Flora Cut Out sheet. I was surprised to have one of these still in tact! Through this patterned paper there are hints of a dulled apricot colour so that is where I started.



I also added in a slither of torn paper from the reverse  of the Ephemera cut out sheet as there are lots of muted tones of grey throughout my background page. I tucked this piece under my main photo frame which you can just see in the layout.



And I also used the large clock cut from the Heirloom Cut Outs sheet below.



And of course no project is complete without some gorgeous 49andMarket flowers. These are my favourite's from this collection......they are stunning and a perfect fit for my layout.


I firstly did a little sentciling on the background with some Art Extravagance Crackle Paste. I also coloured around where my photo would sit with some acrylic paint toned down with a little gesso to suit my layout.


I also cut a number of butterflies from my first piece of Ephemera Cut Outs.


I have used a lot of beautiful Dusty Attic chipboards to compliment my page. They were dressed in inks and Liquid Pearls in co-ordinating colours. Some were also covered with some sparkles to highlight the chipboards required.


This filmstrip chipboard piece was bent to fit over some embellishments and give dimension to my page.


I also did some splatterings  using Inka Golds.


I have also added in some distressed pieces of muslin along with lace to help soften my layout.


And from a different angle........


Materials Used to complete project:

Vintage Artistry Ephemera Cut Out Sheet
Vintage Artistry Fauna and Flora Cut Out Sheet
Heirloom Botanicals Heirloom Cut Outs
Shimmer and Shine Amber Melange
Shimmer and Shine Amber Jardin Secret
Dusty Attic Chipboard
Dusty Attic Stencil
Liquid Pearls
Gesso white and clear
Muslin
Lace
Moss
Rubon "Love"
Archival Ink


Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed this creation. I will be back tomorrow with one more creation using the new release "Cottage Life" collection.

Big hugs

Tina xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017