Monday 6 March 2017

"Serenity" Maja Design Moodboard inspired project

Hello friends. I hope this post finds you happy and well.
I am here to share a moodboard inspired Design Team project for Maja Designs today. 

It is absolutely stunning to say the least. See for yourself below....




And of course because there is blue my mind went straight to the beach. Living here in sunny Queensland allows me to have a most fabulous collection of wonderful memories from our beachside getaways. This is of my son and our two fur puppies when they were only a couple of months old. It would have only been their second or third trip to the beach.


I did some tearing using two sheets of Maja Designs. One from Vintage Autumn Basics and the other from Vintage Summer Basics. They were torn and layered on a sheet of chipboard. I primed my background with clear gesso and then added in a flourish using a Donna Downey stencil and Ranger Texture Paste. I also gave it a little more texture and colour by adding over a little Seafoam embossing powder. My gorgeous and most favourite Dusty Attic Baroque Circle frame was also dressed in Seafoam embossing powder and outlined with a little Archival Potting Mix ink.


My title "Serenity" sits atop of this huge cluster at the bottom of my photo. It was dressed in liquid pearls. You can see here the splatters of white ink  and stampings of dots using a 49andMarket stamp set called "Georgies's with all your heart". I have also stamped in the quote to the side of the page. I so adore this stamp set.


Lots of layers were added to the base of my photo to give a little more dimension. I have also added in some chains to keep the layout from being too pretty, if possible. The chains were inked in Potting Mix Archival and then I wiped over with a little of Finnibairs new opal magic wax. Yummy!


Well that is all from me here today. Thank you so very much for stopping by. Don't forget as always I have left a complete materials list below......just keep scrolling.

Until next time....happy crafting. 

Tina xxx


Materials List 

Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics No.XXII

 Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics 1916 bs

Dusty Attic Mini Seagulls

Dusty Attic Mini Chains DA04058

Dusty Attic Baroque Circle Frame Small DA0542

Dusty Attic Word Pack #5 "Serenity" DA1176

Other Materials Used

49andMarket Georgie's With All Your Heart Stamp Set
Prima Marketing Flowers Esperanza - Sarita #581909
Prima Marketing Clear Gesso
Prima Marketing Opal Magic Wax - Green Brocade
Potting Mix Archival Ink
Stencil Donna Downey Flourish #2 DD-079
Dylusions White Linen
Ranger Texture Paste 
Embossing Powder Seafoam
VersaMark Ink
Seashells 
Liquid Pearls - Silver
Muslin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017