Tuesday 14 March 2017

"Footprints" - 49andMarket Design Team Creation

A big welcome back.
I have my second instalment tonight using the very new Scents of Nature collection from 49andMarket. The moment I laid my eyes on a sneak peek of this collection a few months back, I instantly new that these blues were going to be my first point of call. And so it was! This layout was titled using a quote from my big box of rub-ons. It reads:

Take only memories, leave nothing but Footprints,


so very appropriate for this layout I thought.






This photo of my eldest daughter was taken a couple of years back when our fur babies were just that, babies. We were on holidays at our favourite beach destination and whilst we were there the beach was our main activity, as our holiday house was only metres away. Sweet heaven.
Since then we have been back time and time again. My other favourite thing to do whilst we are on holidays there is to collect beautiful things from the beach front. I have many containers of seaweed, shells, pumicestone, etc, etc. The shells that you will see on all my beach layouts are from this beautiful beach. When creating layouts I always like to add a element of something that I have collected from that special time to keep the memory with the layout more realistic.


My background page was made from "The Forgotten" (below) patterned paper......it is absolutely stunning. I could use this piece over and over and over again! It was firstly primed with clear gesso and then I did a combination of stamping and embossing using Gabrielle's "Faded Damask" Stamp Set. If you haven't got this one in your collection.......do yourself a favour!!! Absolutely amazing stamp. I have also used the script stamp from Gabi's Etheral stamp set.



Gabi's Faded Denim Stamp Set



Gabi's Ethereal Stamp Set

Vintage Shades Blue Bouquet
Vintage Shades Blue Blossoms 




My photo was matted with "Blue Petals" (below).

And from another view...here you can see the layering of the shells, chipboards and flowers. I have used Dusty Attic chippies to embellish my layout. Some were simply dressed in Embossing Powders, others in white gesso and edged with Dusty Attic Denim acrylic paint.


And some more close-ups for you!





Well this is where I will leave you tonight. I do hope you have enjoyed your visit here tonight. Thanks for dropping by and until next time, happy scrapping.

Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017