Tuesday 31 May 2016

"Forever Friend" - The Scrapbook Store Design Team Creation BFS - Courtship Lane

Welcome back again. It's the last day of the month and I am just in time to share my very last creation for The Scrapbook Store using Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane collection. I have so much enjoyed creating this month with this most gorgeous collection.
For my last post using this I decided to use an adorable photo of my beautiful boy "Rafael". This was taken 3 years ago now! He is my constant companion, my shadow, my buddy, and I just could not imagine life without him. So with this in mind I titled my layout

"Forever Friend"

I hope you enjoy.....



Before I even started with the design of this layout I worked with the Blue Fern Turkish Bits chipboards. I recently made a purchase of Finnabair's new release Rust Paste Set and was quite eager to used them. I made a mix of the Brown Rust paste along with a little of Finnibair's art stones and dressed  all of the chipboard pieces in this. Once the brown rust was dried I randomly brushed over Some of the Gold Rust in sections and dried it off. This once dried was a very matt colour so I decided to wipe a little Glitter Glam Espresso Bean  over the top. This made it simply shine and sparkle. I also added a little Dirty Martini Glitter Glam to highlight some of the more textured areas to make it pop some more.


My background page was treated with some Clear Gesso firstly and then I watered down a little of the Glitter Glam Dirty Martini and sponged sections of my page. I have also done a little stenciling using my all time favourite Dusty Attic Script stencil and some whipped spackle.


I cut my second piece of West Plaza using the reverse to mat my photo. I then adhered all of the Turkish Bits to sit in and around the photo matting.


I cut the larger Blue Fern Chipboard Skeleton Clock in half and gessoed each half. Once dry I gave each half a random paint with the Espresso Bean and Berrylicious Glitter Glam. Once they were dried I then coated it again in Hay Ride also from the Glitter Glam collection. Love them!!


I have added in some Prills and also a little hand dyed cheesecloth.


From another view.


And another.....


Well that is all from me today. Remember to keep scrolling for a full Materials List.
Until next time happy crafting.

Tina 
xxxxx

The Scrapbook Store

Materials List

Blue Fern Studios - Courtship Lane - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - West Plaza

Blue Fern Studios - Courtship Lane - West Plaza x 2 Sheets

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Turkish Bits

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Turkish Bits

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Roman Clocks Small

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Roman Clocks
Chipboard Word - Forever
Prills (Yellow)
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Berrylicious
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Espresso Bean
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Wheatfields
Tattered Angels Glitter Glam Green
Liquitex Gesso and Clear Gesso
Kraft Straw
Dusty Attic Stencil Script
Faber Castel Whipped Spackle
Prima Marketing - Finnibair - Rust Effect Paste Set
Prima Marketing Inc. Vine
Petaloo International Botanical Flowers
Miss Sister Rose Material Flowers
Green Tara Mini Rosebuds Yellow
Coffee dyed Cheesecloth
Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017