Thursday 19 May 2016

"Days like these make me Happy" - The Scrapbook Store / Dusty Attic Design Team Creation

Hello once again and welcome .
Today I have my design teams creation for The Scrapbook Store and The Dusty Attic all rolled in to one! I was inspired by this months mood board at The Dusty Attic.  It is absolutely stunning and pink!! There is a $100 dollar Dusty Attic gift voucher for the prize winner. All you have to do is create something using some Dusty Attic goodies and upload it to the blog to be in the running for this fabulous prize. I have attached the gorgeous mood board for you below. 


And my inspired project from this Moodboard titled,

"Days Like These Make Me Happy"


So okay, I am a little partial to pink these days so I ran with that. The Blue Fern Studios collection of Courtship Lane which I have been lucky enough to have received from Suzanne at The Scrapbook Store has mostly purples through the papers but this one piece for me screamed to be used and of course it is mainly pink. 


You can see here above that I have done a little framework with stamps, inks and embossing powders. Had some fun creating this. Such a great technique to add to a layout. 


And then I used a little more of the Blue Fern Studios collection to make a layered matting for my photo as you can see here above.


I have used the Dusty Attic Birdbath and the Marrakesh Trellis along with the Baroque corner. The Marrakesh Trellis was spritzed with a little glimmermist. And the other two pieces of Dusty were gessoed and and inked and dressed with a little Star Dust Stickles to make them sparkle!


I have cut the Marrakesh Trellis in to several pieces to layer along with the matting as you can see above.


I have used the Baroque Corner Frames to co-ordinate with the stamping that I have used on my border. They match pretty much perfectly.


My flower cluster and some added cut out butterflies.



Here you can see the stamping a little more clearer. I have also added over the top of the flourishes some new stamps from Gabrielle Pollacco's Word Stamp Set from 49 and Market. It just added that extra vintage touch to the layout.


And lastly the Duty Attic Word Strip.......I have to say these are my favourite pieces to use of late. They just added the finishing touches to each layout. I have moulded this strip to lay over the top of my large flower here as you can see.

Well that is all from me here today. 

Until next time happy creating.

Tina Ollett
The Scrapbook Store
Tina xo......



Materials List for this project:

Image 1 Image 1 
Dusty Attic Chipboard Birdbath 2pk DA0395
Dusty Attic Chipboard Marrakesh Trellis DA0821
Dusty Attic Baroque Flourish DA0543



Dusty Attic Word Strips DA 1464

Blue Fern Studios - Courtship Lane - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Town GossipBlue Fern Studios - Courtship Lane - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Concert Hall
Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane - Town Gossip
Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane - Concert Hall

Distress Ink Ground Espresso
Glimmermist Tattered Leather
Stampendous Embossing Powder White and Clear
Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Prima Marketing Flowers Esperanza (Pink)
Prima Marketing Flowers (Brown)
Green Tara Rose Pink
49andMarket - Gabi's Label Stamp Set
49andMarket - Gabi's Word Stamp Set
Kaisercraft Twigs and Berries Stamps
Star Dust Stickles
Liquitex Gesso
Cheesecloth
Material Leaves



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017