Tuesday 24 November 2015

"Solitude" - Design Team creation for Dusty Attic


Hello ......and a  very warm welcome to you. Today I have my interpretation of November's Inspiration Moodboard which you can find below. I decided to use the blues and orange from the board to start off my layout.




My next immediate thought lead me straight to the beach!

I have titled this layout "Solitude".


I used this photo of my youngest daughter taken a few years back for the simple reason that she, at the time, was always in her own little world doing her own little thing. And on this particular day it was to simply walk her shoes out as far as she could go and then watch them just float off. Of course I was far too busy clicking away to notice, until I saw one float on by me................... like mother like daughter I guess.......both in our own little worlds........


I got to use some of my beautiful Dusty in Colour Acrylic Paints this time around. To co-ordinate my page I decided to dress my Wild Orchid Flowers with the Dusty in Colour paints (Denim, Faded Denim and Beige) and then dried them off. I then dry brushed them with a little gesso and inked the edges and stamens with co-ordinating Distress Inks.


 I have used some Blue Fern Studios papers from the Frolic collection to help co-ordinate with my page. I did a little tearing to start off with and inked and layered each torn piece. I have used a scallop frame stamp image that I created to make some little tags using Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks. Each of these were cut, inked and layered around the page.


When I do a beach layout I often use shells from my extensive collection. My girls and I love to comb the beach on each visit for those special shells and pieces of the ocean that I can use for my creating. Sometimes we even are lucky enough to find special fibrous pieces, but alas our last few trips to the beach has left us empty handed, so for this layout I used a little moss which I have simply coated with gesso to lighten the intensity of it.  I have draped a few pieces of the moss in and around the anchor and the flowers clusters for a more realistic beach side look.


Okay so now down to the chipboard. I have chosen to use a Damask chippie along with the Ornate Scrolls to co-ordinate with my background papers. Each piece of chipboard was firstly coated with gesso, then inked with Rusty Hinge, Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain and Espresso Distress Inks. They were then all spritzed with a little water, dried and then dressed with a lot of Clear Crackle Varnish and left to dry. Once they were dry I then rubbed through some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink into the cracks and wiped away the excess with a baby wipe.


The Damask chipboard was cut into three section and divided up to the top and below of the photo as shown in the layout.


Another little chipboard that I have used is these most gorgeous mini seagulls. So darn cute!!


The anchor, which you can almost not see buried amongst the flower cluster here is how I would imagine an anchor to look after a very long time in salt water. I only inked this chipboard as I wanted a very intense colour from the distress inks. I have used Distress Inks Espresso, Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge to achieve this look. I dried it off with a heating tool and then dabbed it over with a little gesso here and there and again with the Clear Crackle Varnish I dabbed some in sections where I wanted to highlight a more intense colour.

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed your visit here at Dusty Attic and I will see you again very soon.
Until next time take care and happy scrapping.

Tina xx

https://tinamarie-foreverandalways.blogspot.com

Tina Ollett

Materials Used

Image 1

Word Pack #8


Damask

        
  Ornate Scroll



Anchors


Mini Seagulls

Dusty in Colour Denim

Dusty in Colour - Denim

Dusty in Colour Faded Denim

Dusty in Colour - Faded Denim

Dusty in Colour Bisque

 Dusty in Colour - Beige

Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish

Dusty In Colour Clear Crackle Varnish

Blue Fern Studios - Frolic - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Petits Moments

Blue Fern Studios - Frolic - Petits Moments

Liquitex Gesso
Distress Inks
Moss
Cheesecloth
Beaded Branches (Cream)
Wild Orchid Lilies
Green Tara Roses
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms (Sage)
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers (Cream)
Seashells
Flower Trims
Prima Marketing Inc. Cling Stamps - Something Blue Collection 8 and 9



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017