Wednesday 11 November 2015

"Christmas Joy" - Scrapbook Store DT creation


Hello once more. It has been a small while since being here. Life surely gets busy especially at this time of the year. We have already started attending break-ups and concerts to mark the end of another year. This is what has been keeping me away from here.
So today I have a share of my first Scrapbook Store Design Team creation. I am absolutely ecstatic to be using Blue Fern Studio's Vintage Christmas. I really adore these papers. The soft blues equalled with reds and pinks and a pop of green here and there! They are just heaven.

I have titled my first layout "Christmas Joy".

I found this photo whilst searching my huge collection of Christmas pics. I had never noticed this one before but I think it captures the joy of  Christmas Day for our young ones. 


And of course I just couldn't resist all the beautiful fussy cut elements in this collection. That was my starting point with 3 sets of papers. I just cut and cut and cut away, and a little tearing. And then I started to piece it altogether rather like doing a jigsaw, although I really don't enjoy them like I do my scrapbooking! 


I have added in some beautiful Organic Vine, Blue Fern Studios Chipboard. This piece was cut in half , treated with a little gesso and while it was still wet I sprinkled over a little Diamond Dust to give my layout that Christmas sparkle.


The left side of the layout showing the layering of fussy cut elements and some torn pieces all tucked in behind the Christmas Tree which has also been partly fussy cut from the background paper.

These are a small list of the materials used for this layout. All of these products are available here at The Scrapbook Store.

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Wonderland

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas -Wonderland

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Magical

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - Magical

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Greeting Cards

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - Greeting Cards

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Organic Vine

Blue Fern Studios Organic Vine
Green Tara - 3cm Mini Roses - Pink - 10 Pieces
Green Tara Pink Rose 3cm

Green Tara - 18mm Lace - White

Green Tara 18mm Lace Trim

Twinklets Diamond Dust
Ranger Star Dust Stickles
Liquitex Gesso
Pussy Willow Branches (Pink and Red)
Bling Cabochons

This is goodbye but not for long. I will be here again very shortly with the second of my creations for The Scrapbook Store.

Take care and happy scrapping.

Tina x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017