Wednesday 19 August 2015

Yesterday, today & tomorrow - Design Team Creation for The Scrapbook Store

Hello my lovely friends.
Welcome back to my blog. I have the second of my Design Team creations for The Scrapbook Store today. As I have said previously, I was quite happy when I received my box of goodies this month, full of Bo-Bunny's "Penny Emporium" collection. The main reason being that this collection has a lot of purple through it and I can't really ever recall doing too much with purple and I love a challenge. But I didn't realise that the first part of my challenge would be finding purple flowers. I found out very quickly that I don't have a lot of purple flowers.......arghhhhhhhh!!! But that was quickly rectified and I moved on from there. 
I found this very sweet photo again of my youngest with our "Sam" who I had previously mentioned is no longer with us. This was taken in very early 2006 whilst we were living in a very small mining town in regional Queensland. Cydne was not yet at Kindy and most of our days were spent out in the garden (if it wasn't too hot!). Sam was a most loyal companion. She wouldn't be too far from either of us.....but she mostly loved to play with Cydne as she was always up to some kind of mischief.  Along with this photo was one of Cydne playing dress-ups with Sam. I am not entirely sure if Sam was too happy about the whole experience .......but she always went along with mostly anything. A red cape and draped in pearls........she looked very elegant! That photo has been pulled from the box for a future layout, but until then I have ...........
"Yesterday, today & tomorrow"


It funny the things I find at the $2 shop.......and it was these Kraft straws that I found last week that were the starting point for this layout. It was a little fiddly to start off with but I glued three together and then tied jute through and around the straws and through 3 Dusty Attic pieces (Decorative Frame #2). I have let a little hang either side of the pieces and glued the remainder down.



 The chipboard frames were inked randomly with Distress Inks and then I dabbed a little Crackle Accents over to highlight some areas.


Another close-up.........



And another............


Here you can see this little Bo-Bunny "Timepiece" Laser Cut Chipboard cuckoo clock. It is so delicately gorgeous. I have simply gessoed and inked it and backed it with some grey co-ordinating paper to help it pop a little. You can also see here quite well the twine wrapped around those straws.


And of course I have added in a little tea-dyed lace motif for good measure. I think this really gives the layout a pop of elegance and softness.


I have used a Kaisercraft Decorative Die (Berry Vine) on this layout. I cut 4 of these and then cut them up into pieces and tucked them in and around the chipboard base and flowers. I have listed all materials used for this project below for your convenience.

Well that is all from me today.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit with me here and hope to see you again very soon.
Until then......happy crafting.

Tina 

I design for the Scrapbook Store.


Materials Used


Bo-Bunny Penny Emporium - 12" Penny Emporium #18301992
Bo-Bunny Penny Emporium - 12" Penny Emporium Gadgets # 
Bo-Bunny Laser Cut Chipboard "Timepiece" Item #12815867
Scrap FX Chipboard Title (yesterday, today & tomorrow)
Kaisercraft Decorative Die (Berry Vine)
Kaisercraft Paper Leaves
Dusty Attic Decorative Frame #2 DA0208B
Kraft Straws
Wild Orchid - White Lillies
Prima Marketing Inc. Item #582005
Ranger Liquid Pearls Bisque
Dylusions - White
Liquitex Gesso
Ranger Crackle Accents
Jute
Cheesecloth
Lace Motif





No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017