Thursday 2 July 2015

"Friend" - July Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store


Good morning and I hope you are well.Today I have my latest creation for The Scrapbook Store.
This was created using this month's Sketch designed by the ever so talented and extremely lovely Marelize Frisby. See below.



I have titled this layout "Friend"............

This photo of our beautiful "Rafael" was only taken last year on one of his first visits to the beach. And as you can see he wasn't overly happy about the whole situation. But isn't it funny how time changes everything. He knows instantly now if he is going to the beach and can't get into the car fast enough. I refer to Rafael as my "chocolate shadow". He was originally bought for my sons birthday, but for one reason or another this little guy has not left my side since the day he come home. He is my best friend and I could not imagine my life without him...........


On my recent visit to the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo I was lucky enough to come across these 7 Dots papers ........"Destination Unknown".....which I have admired for so very long, so it was time to do the purchase. And on my way around the stores I found the Scrapmatts stand. And lets just say between you and me and the brick wall I made another purchase and I am so very glad I did!


The starting point to my layout was to tear and adhere pieces. I did some curling of the papers which I have found I like to do lately to give my layouts that depth and dimension. I followed the sketch in that I have used a circular chipboard to frame my photo. I decided however not to use two photos as I didn't have a second one and I was a little short on time.


I absolutely adore these Scrapmatts  chipboards from the "Nautical Design" collection. What I also like about these is that they come ready to use. 


Along with the Scrapmatts chipboards I have used some Prima Marketing Inc. and Petaloo International flowers. 
You will also see that I have used many extra pieces that you won't find in the shops. I have an obsession with collecting found bits and pieces on every holiday we have at the beach and the obsession has moved on to my daughters, who love to help me collect. We spend many hours collecting those special pieces that you will find on some of my beach layouts.


On this layout I have used sticks washed up on the shoreline of the beach which we often holiday. Along with seaweed, shells and a couple of flowers which have stood the test of time in the bucket where I store all these goodies!


You can see here the anchor tucked away behind all the other embellishments. Just like you would see on the beach! I have included some drips and splatters using Tattered Angels Glam Paints. I have also dry brushed in places to highlight some areas of my layout.

Well I hope you have liked my layout "Friend" and enjoyed your stay here.
You can find the materials used listed below and if you feel you have time have a go at this month's Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store.

Happy scrapping.
Tina xxx

I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials Used

7 Dots Studio - "Destination Unknown" - Journey
7 Dots Studio - "Destination Unknown" - Travel Bag
7 Dots Studio - "Destination Unknown" - Night Sky x 2
Scrapmatts Nautical Designs #HCB4059
Prima Marketing Inc. Timeless Memories flowers
Petaloo International Mini Daisies Petites #1839-061
Petaloo International Mini Roses #1838-061
Ranger Emboss it Dabber
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder - Twilight Bronze Slate
Tattered Angels Glimmer Paint (Tide Pool and Espresso Bean)
Folk Art Metallic Sequin Black Acrylic Paint
Liquitex Gesso
Shells Branches
Seaweed
Dried Flowers
Plastic Netting
Cheesecloth







No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017