Wednesday 20 May 2015

"You Stole my Heart" - The Scrapbook Store May Design Team Creation

 A very warm welcome back to my blog. I have been a little preoccupied this month with lots of my children's extra curricular activities. So it has given me time to sit and ponder about what I should and could do with the Graphic 45 collection "Precious Memories", which I have been allocated this month for The Scrapbook Store. It really got me thinking as to which photos I would use for this absolutely stunning collection. And I come across this photo which I know is not picture perfect. But it is a really special moment that Cydne and I shared and it means oh so much to me. Bathtime was always her most happiest time of a the day as a baby. She delighted in bubble blowing and just generally getting absolutely saturated, and I am not just talking about her, but me too!


I can't say that these colours are my go to colours of choice but.........I absolutely and positively love them now! So very soft and delicate allowing me to soften the colours more with a lace doily and coloured cheesecloth. The frame was hand cut using a go to chipboard template I have in my stash.


I softened the scalloped cardstock frame by distressing it both inside and out and then by further wiping around the frame with a little gesso using my finger. I layered the base using two contrasting cardstocks and the heart covered Graphic 45 Cutie Pie patterned paper.


And I just couldn't resist using the Maya Road Deer resin, it is so darn adorable. Was a must have for me on this layout!


All the pockets and tags from the Graphic 45 range have been arranged to sit as one large photo mat. Each pocket and tag were cut down to fit and then the edges were sanded randomly. I have then just layered and layered with resins cheesecloth, fussy cut flower clusters and dimensional flowers. Everything was then altered using watered down paints to achieve the coordinating colours.

I so hope you have been inspired in some way big or small. For more inspirational Design Team layouts you can pop on over to The Scrapbook Store. Everything used on this layout is available here. All materials used have been listed below for your convenience. 
Thanks for visiting me here and I hope you have a most fantastic and creative week.


Tina xxx


I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials Used

Graphic 45 "Precious Memories" Collection - # 4501087 Cutie Pie
Graphic 45 "Precious Memories" Collection - #4501090 Pat-A-Cake
Graphic 45 "Precious Memories" Collection"#4501084 Baby's Breath
Graphic 45 "Precious Memories" Collection - Cardstock Stickers #4501097
Graphic 45 "Precious Memories" Collection - Tags and Pockets #4500094
American Craft Cardstock - Salmon and Teal
A2Z Chipboard Title "You Stole my Heart"
Dusty Attic Chipboard Birdhouses
Memory Maze Chipboard Frame
Prima Marketing Inc. Heart Flourish and Window Shabby Chic Resins
Prima Marketing Inc. Hello Pastel Flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Giselle Haze #56638
Prima Marketing Inc. Flower Trim
Petaloo Daisy Layers x 15 Burlap Canvas #1205204 Apricot
Petaloo Velvet Hydrangeas x 22 Apricot #129141
Petaloo Burlap Canvas Flowers Teal
Maya Road Oh Deer Resin Charms #RES2984
Fairy Dust Glitter
Folk Art Metallic - Blue Topaz - #651
Folk Art Metallic - Peach Pearl - #674
Liquitex Gesso
White Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Overhead Transparency Paper
Acrylic Stamp 'love'
Scallop Frame
Doily
Cheesecloth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017