Tuesday 14 April 2015

"Beautiful Smile" - Design Team Creation for The Scrapbook Store

Good morning and welcome back!
Here at the Ollett residence, there has been a lot of illness. I was the first to go down with the terrible bug and it has gradually made it's way around to every family member. So it had been a whole week since I had been able to get my craft on. And let me tell you a little something.....I was more than excited to get some time to create.

I have created this next layout for my Design Team position over at The Scrapbook Store.
I have once again used the Echo Park - "Jack & Jill" collection. I in the past weeks have really gravitated to the reds and pinks which I find a lot different for me and this also meant I had to go hunting for red flowers which I do not seem to have a great deal of in my collection. 

Shock and horror I know!!!

Anyways, this one I have titled 
"Beautiful Smile"

I hope you like it...........



I firstly started by building the layout with layers of the Echo Park "Jack & Jill" papers as listed for you below. I have cut the middle from mostly all of them and then started distressing and layering.
The photo matting was done the same and this was my starting point.


I have again used the Kaisercraft Berry Vine Die to make branches for more layering in the background. These were given a coat of gesso and wiped over with a mixture of Walnut Stain and Shabby Shutters distress inks.


Some beautiful floral blooms from Prima Marketing Inc.,Green Tara and Petaloo. All have been given a wipeover with watered down gesso. Also added in a little Prima Shabby Chic resin for good measure........!


I have used unbelievably or not, the Chipboard and Sticker Sheet that goes with this beautiful collection. I have a couple of friends who know how very much I detest stickers........but, I have found the solution..............baby powder!!. I just rub over the sticky side with a little baby powder and wahla!! No stickiness and I can put it wherever I wish!!
And this quote "the prettiest thing you can wear is a smile"
was a must have for this layout! Don't you agree??



Clustering and layering of the journal cards and Echo Park's chippies with added hessian and cheesecloth. 


Another chippie piece from the collection "Cute as a Button"....!
This has been layered over the background paper which I have also randomly stamped. The window and Dusty Attic Chipboards have all been dressed with Crackle Paint and Distress Inks.

Below is the materials used for this layout all available from The Scrapbook Store .
I design for the Scrapbook Store.
Materials List
Echo Park - Jack & Jill - Pink/Brown  #JJG81005 x1
Echo Park - Jack & Jill - Chandeliers #JJG81006 x1
Echo Park - Jack & Jill - Journalling Cards #JJG81011 x1
Echo Park - Jack & Jill - Mini Flowers #JJG81003 x1
Echo Park - Jack & Jill - Chipboard Accents x1
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Alpha Stickers
Bazzill Cardstock - Cardinal Red x 1
Dusty Attic Vine Corner #2 #DA0897
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles (ladybug assortment)
Petaloo - Botanica Collection #1102110 (Gray)
Prima Marketing Inc.- Fairy Rhymes #564438
Prima Marketing Inc. Shabby Chic Resin Butterfly
Green Tara 3cm Red Roses
Kaisercraft Paper Leaves #EM995
Kaisercraft - Decorative Die - Berry Vine #DD522
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish Window
Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can
Ranger Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and Shabby Shutters
Prima Marketing Inc. Art Extravagance Texture Paste - White Crackle
Text Acrylic Stamp
Hessian
Handyded Cheesecloth


I hope that this has maybe inspired you a little today. Maybe even the colour scheme has given you some ideas for a little something something.

Until next time...happy scrapping.

Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017