Wednesday 8 April 2015

"Precious"

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
Today I am sharing my Design Team work for The Scrapbook Store.
This month I am working with Echo Park and the collection titled "Jack & Jill". I was lucky enough to receive the Jill half of the collection with all the prettiness that goes with being a girl. So without further ado please find below my first creation using this collection which I have titled
.............. "Precious"..............



I came across these photos of my eldest daughter the other day while hunting for something else. They are probably not the best quality photo but I think what I love about this photo is the tender moment that Ashlea shares whilst feeding this kangaroo at a zoo visit to Illawarra about 10 years ago.



Since the photo depicts a pastel rainbow of colours in Ashlea's dress I kept with this and created a Shabby Chic styled layout. I have made layers with the "Jack & Jill" papers and added in an extra piece of Egg Blue Cardstock to make the page pop a little more.






I have used chipboards from Dusty Attic - Vintage Nameplate......which has to be one of my favourites of all time. This has been simply Crackled using Finnabairs Art Extravagance - Texture Past (White Crackle). After it dried and crackled I rubbed a little Distress Ink into the cracks.
 

I think I cut about 100 of these Berry Vines from the Kaisercraft Die. I just kept going and going until I got the right colour. So each Berry Vine was coated randomly with Liquitex Gesso, heat dried and then I rubbed in Distress Inks - Black Soot, Walnut Stain and Pumice Stone until I got the desired colour.
 




Materials Used

Echo Park Jack & Jill - "Cute as a Button" #JJG81005 x1
Echo Park Jack & Jill - "Pink/Brown" # 81018 x 2
Echo Park Jack & Jill - "Journaling Cards" #JJG81011 x1
Chipboard 12 x 12 x 1
Bazzill Cardstock Egg Blue
Kaisercraft Decorative Die - Berry Vine #DO522
Dusty Attic Title Word "Precious"
Dusty Attic Vintage Nameplate DA0463
Memory Maze Chipboard Heart
Prima Marketing Inc. Isabella - Dani Flowers #581701
Prima Marketing Inc. Isabella - Pia Flowers #581725
Prima Marketing Inc. Valentina Alda #581978
Prima Marketing Inc. Serenade Turquoise #561475
Prima Marketing Inc. Shabby Chic Treasures #890810 (Birdbath and Birds)
Prima Marketing Inc. Shabby Chic Treasures Butterfly
Green Tara Mini Roses Pk 10 (Pink)
Green Tara Mini Roses Pk 10 (Turquoise)
Green Tara Roses Pk 10 (Buttercup)
Melissa Frances Paper Lace Doily #DS001
Melissa Frances Resin Key and Flourish
Finnabair Texture Past - White Crackle
Ranger Distress Inks - Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone
Liquitex Gesso
Prima Marketing Inc. Chalkboard Paint (Egg Blue)
Miscellaneous Rhinestones
Cheesecloth

All available straight from the website HERE.

Thanks for popping by and until next time happy scrapping.

Tina xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017