Friday 20 February 2015

#happy days

Hi and welcome back again.

Today I have the second of my Design Team creations for The Scrapbook Store. If you haven't been here before you really should just pop bye for a quick look......but beware you may stay longer as I have done on numerous occasions!
So today my creation base is another Graphic 45 "Time to Flourish" inspired piece. When I think of orange and blues together I always come back to the beach. And I had happened to come across this photo of my boy Hayden as the precious age of 5 on his first fishing experience. This photo really pulls on my heart strings so this layout means so very much in so many differing ways.

This one is titled "#happy days".


This layout has as you can see is a base of mixed media. I firstly started off with a 12 x 12" piece of chipboard and covered it with gesso. I stenciled in some texture paste and then coloured the background using a multitude of colours which are listed below for you.


I have used some beautiful Blue Fern Studio flourish chipboards available from The Scrapbook Store.


And as usual a little more chipboards pieces.....#happydays title (Dusty Attic) and the Anchor (Fabscraps). Each of these were dressed with gesso, distress inks, crackle accents and Star Dust Stickles.


This collection from Graphic 45 is just stunning and I have fallen head over heels in looooooove with the Cut Apart pages. You can see here that I have cut the frame work from the Cut Apart (August) page along with the reverse of both the Cut Apart and August Flourish pages as matting to make the photo pop from the background. I wanted the photo to be the star of my page!!



And oooooh lala....the background close-up. I have mixed a bit of paint along with a lot of glimmermists. I have also dry brushed all of my flowers with a little gesso and tucked a little tea dyed cheesecloth in behind and around the layout.

I have, as always, listed below the materials used for this layout, which are available from

Well I hope you have enjoyed this layout as much as I did creating it.
Hope you have a most wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Tina x


Materials List

Graphic 45 "Time to Flourish" August Cut Apart # 4501043
Graphic 45 "Time to Flourish" August Flourish #4501044
Glimmermist (Patina, Tattered Leather, Turquoise Blue)
Kaisercraft Paint -Raw Sienna
Gesso, Texture Paste, Stencil
Ranger Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo)
Petaloo Floral Ephemera #1100106 Peach
Petaloo Botanica Blooms  #1102104 Teal and White
Botanica Mini's # 1101104 Teal and Peach
Prima Miscellaneous
Prima Marketing Inc. #566876 Troika Plum
Kaisercraft Paper Bloom White
Fabscraps #DC 72 008 Anchor and Wheel
Pussy Willow Branches
Cheesecloth
Twine
Glass Bottle
Sand, Shells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017